Monday, October 6, 2008
Global Interweb Communication Matrix
I have noticed that there are so many ways to communicate and link up with others these days. I have been a member of Yahoo for way too long, Myspace for at least 5 years, dabbled on Friendster, and this nice blog site for just under three months. I really thought that was overkill anyway and I didn't see a reason to join Facebook. It was just one more community that would put my face out there, post pictures and inundate me with ads and requests for friends from people I did not know or care to know. However, my sister-in-law is on it and most kids from that generation tend to use Facebook as their main means of communication. After some prodding by a friend and since my wife does like to speak to her sister(who lives in Boston), I put together a quick page and joined. To my astonishment, I found Facebook to be pretty friendly when it comes to finding people you went to high school with. Not that I loved high school or want to hang out with everyone that I knew or even relive my sports triumphs, which were few, I just found it interesting to see that it was very easy to search by graduation year and school. I ended up finding quite a few people that I won't talk to really and will only add them to my Facebook page as a way of connecting to a past that I really never connected much with anyway. In short, I have found that many of my family members are on this and it has a few cute things and the ads are not too annoying. So I will give it a try and add this login info and password to the ever increasing list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment