Easter was nice. we went to St. Jude for 8:30 mass with Jen's family. Then back to Kath's house for quick Easter baskets. Oscar got a couple books, a soft rabbit and a big bubble wand. Then brunch at Jen's Aunt and Uncle's house. Lots of good food, including the heart attack dish that Kath made. I think it had eggs, BACON, ham and cheese. I have decided that if I could create a time machine, I would probably travel back in time and find the guy who invented bacon. I would then let this man know he is second only to Jesus in men who have done great things. After brunch we had about an hour to rest at home, let the dogs out, try and get some caffeine in my system. Then off to my parents house and the Easter egg hunt. My parents put out about 300 plastic eggs, filled with money, plastic frogs and lizards, candy and hot wheels. My brother, sister(who is having a girl, cheers Debi) and I hid the eggs. My parents have a pretty big yard, but even we were running out of places to put eggs by the end. I think there were a few that we just dropped in the middle of the yard. My parents also had an Easter basket for Oscar. He now has some very nice summer clothes for when it finally decides to warm up. A few pairs of shorts, some shirts and some very cool sandals. Of course, he also got some candy that he won't be eating anytime soon. And I think he liked what was in his Easter basket most of all. A 2$ bill and a silver dollar. He really liked the 2$ bill and that went right in his piggy bank. After all of that jazz, the Easter egg hunt began. Ethan and Alex were old pros, they immediately grabbed their Easter baskets and shot around the yard grabbing each and every egg they could find. Eli was just getting the hang of it and was escorted around by his dad, Correy. Oscar was taking a nap, he enlisted me to find his eggs. I then delegated that responsibility to his cousin, Ethan. Ethan did a great job of finding about a half dozen or so eggs for Oz and Alex even threw in a few. Eli dropped one in as a little shout out for his homey as well. All in all, a great weekend, although I could use another weekend to rest. Enjoy the dueling slide shows of Ethan's soccer game and Easter.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Soccer and Easter Eggs!
This was a busy weekend. Which is great and at the same time, very exhausting. Oscar spent a great deal of time being passed from relative to relative and he took it like a champ. He actually took a couple naps at both of his grandparents houses. He was very good at church, spending most of his time in Jen's or my arms, but he was quiet and really enjoyed the singing, as he always does. On Saturday, we packed up and went to see his cousin Ethan play in his first soccer game. Ethan is four and the team was made up of 3 and 4 year olds. If you have ever watched soccer, or basically any sport at this age, it is herd ball. There are always a few kids standing on the side, jumping in puddles, kicking the grass or crying for their parents. Most of the kids really enjoyed themselves though and Ethan scored 4 goals on his way to becoming a soccer legend. At least I can say I have the first pictures of his burgeoning soccer greatness. It was great to watch the little guy, he was always on the ball, he wasn't selfish, he got back on defense, he did a great job. Plus, he was one of the only kids out there not dressed in sweatpants and sweatshirts. He was dressed in a proper soccer kit, boots, shin guards, shorts and shirt. You are allowed to wear a long sleeve shirt underneath, but a sweatshirt and sweatpants is just wrong. I would have gotten better pictures of him scoring, but one of the opposing teams parents kept jumping in to the shot when he was about to score. You will notice him in a few shots on Ethan's breakaway. He is the one with the angry look in his eyes and it appears that he is scolding his 3 or 4 year old girl because she isn't defending Ethan. I hope I am NEVER that parent! They are way too young to be that competitive. There weren't even any goalies. I wanted to smack the man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Erin hid a bunch of Easter eggs for Grant, but she didn't put anything in them. When I confronted her regarding this travesty, she informed me that he would enjoy simply hunting for the eggs. I told her that it doesn't matter. Some day, he'll be old enough to tell her that hunting empty Easter eggs is LAME. Oh well... Enjoyed the pics... :) Bret
Post a Comment