Thursday, February 3, 2011

If I wanted to take a snowmobile to work I would move to Canada

Is anyone else sick of the snow? We are.  When will this winter end?  I mean Oz is really cute in his winter coat and boots, but it has been so cold outside he can't even play in the snow.  Snow, what snow, now it is just ice and it is soooo much fun to watch big chunks of it fall off the roof of the house.  I am just looking forward to a nice big chunk sliding down and slamming in to the windshield of my car.  One good thing though, there is about an inch or two of ice on the windshield, so it would have to pierce that first.


I did finally have to get a new car.  The old Honda, well, I just didn't feel like I should be driving it all over the state and back.  She is still a great car, she has over 233 THOUSAND miles on her.  That is close to 23+ times around the earth.  I am sure she would have lasted for another 50-100 thousand.  But I drive a lot, and I have a wonderful kid and amazing wife, and the last thing they need to worry about is my butt sitting on the side of the road because my car died.  It has been twelve years since I bought a new car, so it is about time.

As for winter.  I am ready for it to be done with.  I am going a little stir crazy, I know Oz and Jen are as well.  She does an amazing job of keeping the guy entertained.  Which is no small feat.  He never stops moving and he is always on to the next thing.  You think he is calm and ready to play for a while, you think, finally, a break.  Nope.  He senses that, jumps up and says he wants to play blocks now, or play-doh or draw, or read, or color, or watch Mama-Mia, or Toy Story, not the blue one the red one, not the one with the monkey screams, the one with the train.  Those are the same one kiddo.  But he is growing fast, and he speaks to us in full sentences and knows so much about the world now.  It is amazing that you can kind of reason with him now.  I say kind of because you can't reason with a 2 year old, he just understands you when you try to reason with him.  Everyday he looks older, acts older and does more to impress, entertain and infuriate us.
So enjoy a few pics of him over the last couple months.


No comments: