Friday, October 28, 2011

Oz and his stars

So Tony is always telling me, I need to update our blog. So after years of hounding, I would like to dedicate this entry to my adoring and supportive husband. Anyways, here it goes:

First, I will give a little back story. Oz has proven to be a strong willed, dramatic, energetic, intelligent, and may times unreasonable child. Need less to say, this has made disciplining quite the challenge. I have read countless parenting book (ugh!) and we have tried time outs, praise, taken all toys away, etc. Basically everything except chinese water torture...although the day is still young. Well one day Tony started putting stars on a dry erase board. We give stars and we taketh away. Oz has been quite intrigued with this star process. So much so, that he has asked us to take away stars from anyone whom he has perceived as wronging him or anyone he thinks should lose one. It has been quite humorous fodder around the house.

So driving home from school yesterday, Oz says " Jesus can't eat anything." We of course inquire as to why and he states, " He drank too many Pepsi's and lost his teeth." This of course being funny for may reasons, but also making the hygienist in me quite proud. I say, "yes Oz, pepsi's aren't good for you!" He then says, "Mommy, when we get home will you take a star away from Jesus." Seriously, too funny!

Now a side note. While writing this blog, I have been asked 22 questions, have been asked to go upstairs 1o times, have heard the word MOMMY 30 times, and been asked to look at something 15 times*. This may contribute to my lack of blogging. Later--Jen

* approximate times, may be a dramatization, but not likely!

No comments: