What a crazy weekend. The kid has really run us ragged this week. Poor Jen is exhausted with a baby in her belly and Oz is giving no quarter and showing no signs of slowing down. We try to wear him out but he just keeps going and going. The only way to get him to stop is to put him down for a nap and that is a chore as well.
We tried to get a little Christmas and gift shopping done this weekend, and it brought back the many reasons why I hate shopping this time of year. The crowds, the rudeness of people, the mess in the stores. I'm sorry, but a sale is no reason to completely destroy a stack of sweaters. I don't care if they are 75% off, show a little courtesy to the people who work there and don't completely destroy a stack looking for a 3t. When you do that you make it an even more difficult search for the next person, and so on, until the end result is a massive pile of shirts and sweaters and probably a nice home for field mice. Maybe it is just that people aren't considerate of others anymore. Everything in the world is so me me me and very rarely do people take time to consider others. Which, I believe is one of the main tenants of the season. You are out buying gifts for someone else, take a second and be considerate of the person in front of you. Pick up the shirt you knocked off the table or help someone grab the right size of a sweater. By the way, someone did do that for me today and thank you. I know not everyone is horrible this season and I like to think the vast majority are not, but man, those few who are a$$%@les, really ruin it for the rest of us.
Didn't I start this off talking about the kid? He really has been horrible these days. Don't get me wrong, I love the kid to death and I am in wonder every day I see him but when he goes nuclear because one little thing doesn't go his way, I start to really wonder what we are doing wrong. So sweet one second and then devil child the next. If he could spit pea soup I would not be surprised.
We love him though. We need to record some of these blow ups for blackmail later on in his life. Oh, you think you deserve a new car...well here, look at this. You screamed for three hours here because you batman pajamas you had been wearoing for three days straight were dirty. So sorry we did not want you catching leprosy. So, no new car, here, you can have dads 16 year old elantra with 500,000 miles on it. Your mom and I are going to get a rocket car.
No comments:
Post a Comment