Monday, December 19, 2011

Pictures and other fun things happening these days

There is a lot going on these days.  The holidays are crazy and even more so since my wonderful wife has been put on bed rest for the time being.  She is pregnant and due in March.  Anyone that knows my wife knows that bed rest is her definition of Hell.  She is a very active woman and exercises almost every day.  Well, she did.  Now she has to sit in bed and read, or watch TV.  Luckily she has a three year old who is very understanding and loves to sit still...?  But Jen is coping and the little girl or boy she is carrying in her belly is growing just perfectly.

On to Oscar.  Oz has been growing like a weed and he has been challenging us in ways we had not expected.  Recently he has been trying a new move at bed time.  He waits until he is in bed, he has stopped resisting us and actually let me leave the room without crying and screaming.  Then I head down stairs to relax a little with Jen on the couch.  That is when we hear it, "daddy, I'm here." Kind of creepy when you hear it whispered.  Then I would get up off the couch and look up at the stairs and sitting in the dark is my boy, staring down at me.  Kind of startling the first time. 
I had to take a picture, could not get the lighting right though
So after getting him back to bed and telling him stories, he finally goes down for the night and Jen and I can finally relax.
On to other things.  I stole this idea from a friend who has a kiddo just a week older than Oz.  They gave her a camera and let her take pictures.  Not the made for kids ones, those are crap.  I happened to have an old Canon point and shoot that was sitting around doing nothing so I thought it would be fun to let him play with it.  He always wants to take my camera when I am taking pics so why not let him play with this one.  I can't even get five bucks for it on ebay, might at well put it to some good use.
Oz took to it like a superstar and has proceeded to take a ton of pictures.  Most are of his fingers in front of the lense but there are a few nice ones in there.  The camera is old though and the battery does not hold a charge anymore, so I will have to see about getting a replacement battery if he wants to continue.

I have included a few pics that he took, well a slide show of both the good and bad.  I threw in a few of mine as well after that.  I just had to get pictures of him taking pictures.


Now just a few pics I have taken this month.
Hiding in a toy box

climbing on furniture when he shouldn't




we started a dueling cameras game

Uncle Ryan captured by the paparazzi


bed rest with the kiddo, couch, bed, whats the diff?



Buzz and his fellow Space Ranger squad

No comments: