I can't believe what a bad parent I have been. It has been weeks since I updated and it was even our little kiddos fourth birthday. So it is official, I kind of suck. of course I do saturate the web with pictures via Instagram. I just love that app and I probably check it twice as much or more than facebook. I just like pictures more than someones opinion of WTHR's weather predicting skills or whether the Pacers should draft a small forward. I really just don't care. But with pictures, you have to work and put a little thought in to a picture. No body wants a bad picture up of their kids or themselves. You want to show them having fun and a smile from the kiddo is so much more interesting to look at than reading that I gave a thumbs up to the Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise divorce.
On to the kids. Our boy Oscar is now four years old and he celebrated with his family in typical Oscar fashion. He was very excited this year as he completely understood that the day was all about him. Which Oscar LOVES!
Anyone who knows me knows that I love to take pictures and so I take a ton of them. One day, I hope to actually be good at it. In the meantime, there are quite a few that revolve around Oscar and his affection for superheroes. He thinks he is one and does not play favorites. Although he chose Batman as the theme of the party, Spider-Man was a close second. I think 90% of his gifts were comic book related. This kid is going to have a windfall of reading material as soon as I deem that he won't destroy them and take proper care of my comics. As per usual, here is a slideshow of Oscar and HIS day!
You will have to excuse the video as Picasa web albums has changed since my last use.
I was also fortunate enough to celebrate fathers day with the family. Oscar suprised us all by deciding that he would start doing everything himself in the pool. This included jumping in from the side, off the diving board, etc... He seemed to think he could swim without his life jacket, which he can't. Hopefully he will consent to some swim lessons soon because he does not take orders from us very well and I don't think he appreciates our coaching. I like fathers day for quite a few reasons. First, I have a great father who has trained me well. Plus he and my mom make great deviled eggs and I eat about 20 of them. Second, I am a father, and that is just amazing. I still can't believe that I have this little kiddo who is so amusing and frustrating at the same time. Add to that the new little girl that has entered our lives and you have a very happy father. I am so happy that Jen has a little girl now. I feared that she would spend the rest of her life dealing with superheros and frankly she doesn't deserve that. Not that my little girl won't love her some superheroes, but we needed the balance.
 |
| Oz takes a leap |
 |
| Oz in motion |
 |
| Oz and his buddy Eli |
 |
| Oz on the field |
 |
| little kicker |
Of course some pics of Vivian are needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment