Thursday, September 4, 2008

Corrupted Child

I have corrupted my child with TV. The poor fella actually watches TV and looks to see if it is on. Maybe he is just looking for the movement, the colors, Heidi on Project Runway? I don't know. But the kid will turn his head to watch TV. Even while he is eating, he will turn his head with bottle in mouth and watches. I have turned it off and he looks at it for a few seconds, waiting for the commercial break to end, when it doesn't he turns back to me and continues to eat, but ever wary of the sound of the Cash Cab music. Does he like reading? Sure, but Jen finds he prefers the crazy antics of the Gilmore Girls during the day. I don't know if we are setting up our kid to be a TV nut, but his daddy already is. A shining example I am not! The only reading this kid will do is the program guide.
Recently, Oz has been doing a new thing, he has been looking for us and wanting us to be around him. He struggles to find us in the room and if we aren't there he gets angry. He has been doing this a lot with Jen, trying to find her, crying when she leaves the room. He finds it hard to fall asleep without her around. I understand his plight, I have the same problem.

No comments: