I hate lazy, lieing, cheating, stealing pricks!!! About October of last year I bought a couple batteries from Batteries.com to replace the one in my phone and laptop. The phone battery worked great, the laptop, not so much. Either way, I have a new phone now so it doesn't matter and my old laptop battery lasts longer than the new one I purchased. That really isn't what makes me mad. It was the letter I received from Batteries.com a few months later that stated that they regretted to inform me but my credit card information was stolen along with many others. They notified the credit card company and also gave me two years of free fraud protection with one of the online companies, which, from the reviews I read, is more of a hassle than actually getting your card stolen. So I check my credit card activity frequently and really had not thought much about it. Today I received a text, phone call and email all warning me of fraudulent activity possibly on my card. Apparently some kind fella in England decided he wanted to go on vacation using my card! Luckily AMEX called immediately because I am obviously not in England and we haven't been on vacation in about 4 years. I just hope this lazy bastard doesn't mind the gap and his foot is ripped off as he is hauled down the tunnels of the underground. Where do people get off on using someone else's hard earned cash to do what they want. It just really pisses me off and I believe vigilante justice is warranted in this case. However, I must applaud AMEX, they were great, I am not getting charged for the flight and they cancelled the card immediately and are getting a new one sent to me right away.
Other news, Oz is turning 1 tomorrow. We are having a birthday party for the little guy on Saturday and so the added stress of a cancelled credit card does not help matters any. So I apologize if I seemed a bit violent or aggressive earlier. However, if I did ever meet this person in an alley, I would hope that I would be able to vent my anger in an effective and calm manner so that his pain would not be over too quickly. As I am sure this person has swindled many people out of their money and his just rewards should be given not only in hell but on earth as well.
That is the last I will say of it so please enjoy a nice picture of our adorable kid.
2 comments:
Funny you mention your AmEx woes...Someone got hold of Erin's card number and has been making small, hardly noticeable purchases here and there for the past week. Jerks...
OK, you're on notice, T. June 24!?! You'd better have a good excuse for not updating this thing since then.
And I'm not talking, "I've been busy" or "Work has been so hard." I'm talking "I lost both of my hands in an industrial accident and now have to type by blowing through a straw or pecking with my nose" types of excuses.
(Dear God, please let Tony still have hands, otherwise I'll feel real bad. In Jesus name, Amen.)
Post a Comment