So we haven't posted anything in three months. What can I say, I'm lazy. Actually my hands were removed in a remarkable experimental surgery and placed on a goat, the goats front hooves were then placed where my hands used to be. This has made it very difficult to blog as the keyboards just aren't built for a goat handed man and the goat with the man hands just doesn't take dictation very well. Needless to say, the experiment has been a failure and my dreams of becoming a hybrid goat man are shattered. But enough about me, how about the rest of the family?Jen is wonderful. The most beautiful and caring women a man could hope for and we just celebrated three amazing, and active, years. We celebrated by taking the day off, dropping the kiddo off for his half day at school, daycare, whatever you want to call it. We went to Ichiban, our favorite sushi restaurant, and enjoyed some very good food. Our friends, Correy and Laura may have given us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary, and we may have polished that off already. It was a nice day, I turned my phone off and truly stepped away from work. Which I need to do more often, to not only give my wife a break from a very trying kid, but to give us a little time as a family. Weekends seem so packed and short and it seems that you rarely have time to just hang out.
Speaking of, Jen and I also took a little trip to Vegas.
Not that we are big gamblers, but it was inexpensive and we know the place. The trip was nice, though I would not recommend the Luxor, the beds were akin to sleeping on a bed of nails, as most of the springs were pushing up through the mattress. They probably do this to keep people down in the casino. Our flight there was great. We sat in the back of the Southwest flight and a very nice guy gave us all of his vouchers for free drinks.
Not that we are big gamblers, but it was inexpensive and we know the place. The trip was nice, though I would not recommend the Luxor, the beds were akin to sleeping on a bed of nails, as most of the springs were pushing up through the mattress. They probably do this to keep people down in the casino. Our flight there was great. We sat in the back of the Southwest flight and a very nice guy gave us all of his vouchers for free drinks.
We gladly took advantage of this as Jen is not fond of flying and every little bit helps.
Vegas also has some nice restaurants. Jen and I like to eat, so we took the opportunity to try out a few places that we would not have access to in Indiana. The Burger Bar, by Hubert Keller was amazing and I would recommend it to anyone. Coming home was wonderful, Oz met us at the airport and we realized just how much we missed him. Jen had never really been away from the guy for any extended period of time and when you come home to this beautiful little kid, it, well, it was just wonderful.
Oz is doing great. He is walking, not talking as much as we would like, but he is getting there. He has no problem saying "Dada", but when you ask him who Jen is, he smiles and says, "Dada". Unless Jen isn't around, then you ask him where mommy is and he quickly responds with "mama?", so the kid is basically torturing Jen on a daily basis. I feel he is very proud of this and it does not bode well for our future sanity. He climbs on everything now and takes it as a personal challenge to make as big a mess as possible as often as possible. He refuses to eat things that he loved the night before and he loves things that he wouldn't touch yesterday. The kid is an enigma to us, but that is probably why he is so much fun.
One last thing, a quick congrats to my brother and his wife, they are going to have a baby girl and congrats to my sister and her husband, who had their third, Anna.

2 comments:
So you CAN be manipulated into posting, GoatMan... :)
If you've been married 3 years, I think that means we haven't chatted over a beverage in that long. We must rectify this situation...
I agree. Plus, I am pretty sure your daughter and my son are very close in age. Oz was born in june, last year.
Post a Comment