I drive a lot for my job and I tend to like the summer months a bit more than the winter. The north side of Indiana is not a beautiful area in the winter. Most of the time I stick to the interstates but there are times when I let my GPS, Gabby, take me on a different route.
Some country roads lead to very interesting places. Unfortunately, I have never had my camera with me when I pass them. I have been trying to bring it with me more often but some of the things I have seen don't seem to be there anymore.
I swear I once stopped in some very small, single stop sign town, on the north side of Indiana, that had converted a drive-thru at a bank into a deer drop off for butchering. It was written in big, blood red letters on the side of the building. "We butcher your deer here". Then there is the bird place. I swear this was on the way back from Warsaw and somewhere north of Noblesville and south of Warsaw is a house that has been converted in to a tropical bird sanctuary with palm trees and sun room and giant cockatoos flying around.
Either way, I am trying to keep my camera with me now and trying to capture some of these things on film so that I can prove that I am not insane. Sadly, the only interesting things I saw this week are corn, soy and some pretty buildings in Columbus. But I will persevere. Too bad I did not have it while driving through Ligonier, I would have found out why there is a brass statue of a kid holding a pig. I think it was a pig.
No comments:
Post a Comment