We have had Vivian home for a little over two weeks now and it has been a learning experience. A friend of mine made the comment, you aren't a parent until you have two. Now, having only had one kiddo for over 3 and a half years, I can't agree with that. Oz is a handful and definitely takes some parenting skills that I may not have. He seems to be turning out OK so far. Back to the comment, I do agree that a second kid is a GAME CHANGER. Like losing Manning last season game changer. Like the Broncos getting Manning. HUGE change.
Forget the fact that neither Jen or I remembered the complete lack of sleep that accompanies an infant, we did not expect the magnitude of the energy we, mostly Jen, would expend integrating the family. The baby is easy in comparison to dealing with the baby and Oz.
Don't get me wrong, Oz loves his little sister and is already an amazing big brother. He puts her pacifier in when she is crying, fetches and throws diapers away, rubs her hair to calm her down. He is adorable with her. The issue pops up when you can't pay attention to him. He does not like that. So for those brief times when Jen has to feed Viv or I am trying to entertain her, Oz wants that attention and when he doesn't get it he gets unhappy and hard to deal with.

He is still ridiculously cute and fun and so whip smart that I sometimes forget how old he is. We will figure it out, until then, probably about 18 years from now, we will manager and have a grand ole time.
Now as to why I would not be a good ninja. I am getting old. This is not a flexibility or speed issue though. Not that I am that fast or flexible, but it is a noise thing. My body makes too many noises. I could not sneak up on anyone. I walk up the stairs and it sounds like I'm stepping on packing bubbles. Practically every joint in my body makes some sort of grinding or popping noise. I won't even go in to the other noises my body makes.
Enjoy some pics of the family.
 |
| Baby girl gets her feet printed |
 |
| Yeah kiddos! |
 |
| Barely awake, unshaven and unshowered |
 |
| Out for a walk |
 |
| Muscles |
Oh yeah, Oz went to a School birthday party basically the Saturday after Viv was born. He went to Fundamentals, a little gymnastics place with a ball pit, zip line and tons of other fun things for him to play on. He actually did the zip line, the little daredevil and he was practically swimming in the ball pit. He seemed to get out of there without pink eye or the flu. Plus he was exhausted when we got home. It was Justin Bieber themed party and one of the gift bags treats was a set of tattoos. So yes, Oz now has a Bieber tattoo on his body. The worst part is the darn thing won't come off. It is like is it merging with his skin. This deformed, shredded Bieber image on our poor kid.
 |
| ball pit |
 |
| pre zip line |
 |
| Oz and Viv's feet |
 |
| Mommy and Viv on St. Pats |
 |
| Darn phone camera |
No comments:
Post a Comment