Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Oz begins his work week.


It happened, I was peed on by my boy. I know that has happened to everyone and it will happen again. But as a first experience, I have to say I wasn't expecting it. I was sitting with Oz in my arms and my belly started feeling a bit warm, and then wet. Then I held him up and he had a little smirk on his face. Sure enough, his diaper was not tight enough and he had leaked all over me. I expected to get squirted while changing him, but it was my own fault for not getting that diaper secure. Jen did get attacked by the wiz though, she woke me up laughing as she had not prepped a diaper to cover him and out came the stream and on to the floor. He has good distance, way to go boy. We will definitely be able to write our names in the snow someday.

On another note, I was doing a little work while the tyke was sleeping and Jen was taking a rest. So I had Oz sitting next to me while I skimmed through emails and wrote a few responses. Jen woke up and couldn't help but take a picture. I am thinking of letting him make some calls with me next week. We'll see though, I can't have him peeing on my customers.
One final thing. It looks like Oz is a huge fan of music. He was a bit fussy this morning after eating so I turned on the satellite and tuned to XM 40's on 4. Music from the 1940's sounds quite a bit like kids music and he loved it. We did a little tango, my version, and then we channel surfed through the decades to see if there were any others he enjoyed. He did not react to the 50's, 60's or 70's, when I switched to the 80's he kicked me, he didn't seem to like the song. So we moved on the 90's where we caught the tail end of Fly by Sugar Ray, he liked it. I'm sorry Bret, he liked Sugar Ray. This kid was played the Kooks, Butch Walker and a host of other good music including They Might Be Giants, Barenaked Ladies and Under the Influence of Giants while in utero. Of course he also had to suffer through Singstar battles between his mother and I, but the little bugger was smiling to Sugar Ray, a guy whose singing career was so one hit that he had to become an E! host. Thankfully, I think he just liked the music because 7 by Prince, I guess it was that wacky symbol at that time, came on and Jen and I both started to sing. Yes I know some of the words to 7, I like Prince. So sue me. He seems to have settled on the 90's and there is an REM song on write now, one of their more mournful ballads, Everybody Hurts. We will revisit the other decades when he gets fussy again.

3 comments:

side of fries said...

You're killing me, Tony. Sugar Ray? What's next? Candlebox?

Don't you have some old Ash or Catherine Wheel CDs laying around there somewhere? :)

Bret

BrantB said...

When my son was past the peeing on parents phase, my sister got us something called pee-pee teepee.

http://www.amazon.com/Peepee-Teepee-Sprinkling-WeeWee-Airplanes/dp/B000EBQ8DI

Enjoy.

Brant

Bob said...

Oz knows what's up... the purple one rules all. Purple Rain all night long (or yellow rain in your case, it would seem).