Sunday, June 29, 2008

First few days in the wonderful world of Oz!


I used to just agree with people when they said, "you'll understand when you have a kid". I didn't really grasp what they meant. But now that I get to just sit there and watch him breathe, hear him cry, reach out and grab for mommy, I know exactly what they mean. It is impossible to describe that feeling. Jen is still doing great. She was amazing during delivery and I can't comprehend how she was able to do it. 40 weeks of holding this little tyke inside and keeping him safe. Giving him everything he needed to pop out with his eyes wide open and wonder "WHAT THE HELL? WHERE AM I? WHO ARE YOU? NO DON'T CUT THAT, I NEED THAT. OH CRAP, I HAVE TO PEE." Out popped this perfect little boy.
We haven't slept much, and we really don't mind. Every second we are awake we get to watch Oz and he is beautiful. We are watching our first soccer match together. The UEFA Euro 2008 final between Spain and Germany. Go Germany! I want Oz to be a soccer player and swimmer just like I was, but he has a few uncles on Jen's side that might want him to play baseball, basketball or football. Maybe he will be an artist or a scientist, we really don't care. We are just so happy he is here. Let's face it, Jen nor I were exactly the cool kids in school, this kid is doomed to dorkdom for a good portion of his young adulthood. Thankfully, Jen is gorgeous and I did grow up to be the handsome, brilliant and modest man I am today.

2 comments:

Em said...

Oz is soooooo cute! Glad to hear all are well, even if you are both supremely sleep deprived. It will get better in a few months :) or if he is anything like Kaya you just get use to the lack of sleep.
We're thinking of you all and sending our love.
The Longs.

Bob said...

It was great to see you guys yesterday! I'm glad that Oscar's healthy and happy, and I can't wait to help teach him all kinds of nerdy things :)