Saturday, August 2, 2008

OUT! OUT! OUT!

Sooooo freakin cute. It is so hard to leave this little guy. But Jen and I have managed, twice, to actually get out and do something, just the two of us. The first time was a quick dinner trip to the Chatham Tap. Nice little pub on Mass Ave. Very tasty vittles. We only lasted about 2 hours, but it was great to get out. We didn't realize that the second time, a whopping 4 hour vacation from the little tyke would be the most difficult. As some may know, I am bit of a comic book geek. Jen has embraced this side of me and I regularly make her sit through comic book movies. The Dark Knight had been out for an entire week and I had not seen it, she knew this was killing me and arranged for her mom to watch Oz while we caught an IMAX version of the film. Little did we know, that it would be sold out and we would have to wait another hour to see a regular version. We did, it was phenomenal and if you haven't seen it, go see it. Even if you are not a big fan of comics, Aaron Eckart and Heath Ledger are amazing. After the movie, I HAD to go the bathroom. I had been nervously shifting in my seat for the last hour of the movie and finally could not wait. But as soon as we left the theater Jen mentioned Oscar and I knew I would have to wait another 10 minutes. I actually didn't mind. I really wanted to get back to our little man. I just miss the little guy and all the little things he does. Plus, someday, I am going to make that little kid hit the comic book store with me on Wednesdays and go to all of the movies that I currently drag his mom too.
We are headed out again tonight and my parents are going to watch Oz. !!!!!St. Elmos!!!!! We have had a gift certificate since Christmas and it has been killing us not to use it. But we wanted to wait until Jen could enjoy some wine and maybe a pre-meal martini. Thank God for grandparents and breast pumps!! Without them we, as in Jen, would be tied to Oz and we might as well duct tape him to her chest. But we, once again, by we I mean Jen, have been building up a stock of food and we can leave, albeit reluctantly, Oz with one of his loving grandparents. We have been trying to teach the dogs to watch Oz, but aside from an occasional lick on the head, they are more interested in his toys and why do they make noise, and how can they make us play with these toys and them. They have been great though, Coco circles Oz like a big sister and makes sure Mongo doesn't get too close. When he does, she growls and lets him know that this is a no pug zone. Mongo really doesn't care, he just wants Oz to pet him.

No comments: